Step 1, Topic 1
“Lectio Divina treats the scriptures not as a text to be studied or a set of truths to be grasped, but as the living Word – always alive and active, always fresh and new.”
– From the Welcome in the Lectio Divina journal
How to spend some quality time listening to what Jesus would like to say through the scriptures:
- Silently acknowledge the Lord’s presence and love for you and settle yourself before Him (in your mind and heart) in preparation.
- Read the day’s text slowly and repeat it up to three times.
- Reflect on what you have been reading with a listening ear – what word, phrase, or sentence speaks to you from the text? [If you don’t have a Lectio Divina journal or something else you use as a journal, click the blue Notes button on this page, and you can write your thoughts and reflections there.]
- Now, talk to the LORD about what you hear from this text. What has Jesus stirred in your heart? If you were with Him walking from one Galilean village to another, what would you say to Him about this?
2/13 Monday – Exodus 20:1-21
2/14 Tuesday – James 2:1-13
2/15 Wednesday – Psalm 119:9-16
2/16 Thursday – Matthew 4:12-25
2/17 Friday – Proverbs 4